Sabtu, 08 Februari 2014

Garcon : French Brunch


Garcon Plaza Senayan, at last!


I was initially planning a light lunch, but my mom was so hungry she decided to go with the brunch set. I was kinda against her at first since the set was not cheap at all (Rp 368k++) and I actually wanted more dessert than just a piece of pastry, but turned out it was a good choice after all! The brunch is served on weekends from 10AM - 2 PM.

BEVERAGE
Green Apple Juice


Latte

Three drinks are included in the set (fresh juice, coffee/tea, and still/sparkling water). They've got strawberry, apple, green apple, orange, and watermelon juice. We had green apple, with no sugar. It was good, and to top it off they also managed to put some slices of fresh green apples. Latte was our choice for the coffee and the waitress managed to served it after meal to go with the dessert. 


APPETIZER
Crackers, Bagel, and Plain Au Lait w/ Cream Cheese Condiment, Butter, and Jam
(Left to Right)
Everything on plate was nice, but I especially like the bagel. It's crispy on the outside and soft (and warm) on the inside.

Croissant Nicoise, Quiche, Russian salad with Tuna, Omelette Mushroom
(Clockwise from top left)
Again, all four were delicious! The croissant tasted light and fresh and uniquely had sambel inside. The quiche was very cheesy, so it was good for me. The russian salad was light enough and the tuna perfected the whole thing. The omelette mushroom contained a lot of deliciously seasoned mushroom. It was indeed an amazing plate of appetizers!

PASTA OR RISOTTO (Half the normal portion)
Lamb Ragu Risotto
Included in the set was a choice of pasta or risotto with mushroom/salmon/shrimps/lamb ragu/bolognaise. We chose lamb ragu risotto. I haven't eaten risotto too many times before, but I think this is a good one. They gave a lot of lamb slices and they were so tender. Tasty dish!

MAIN COURSE (Half the normal portion)
 
Fisherman Papillote
Choices for the main course were fisherman papillote, barramundi crispy skin, roasted chicken, and crunchy beef with red wine sauce. I never had a papillote before so we decided to go with the fisherman papillote. Inside the baking paper were sautéed onions, mushrooms, barramundi, mashed potato, slices of lemons, steamed carrots and green beans. The mashed potato was incredibly soft, and so were the barramundi and carrots. It was served with some green veggies and unidentified sauce. I don't know what the sauce was made of but it tasted a bit sour in a nice way. To put things short, everything on plate was nice.


 DESSERT

My favourite part! As usual, I had a hard time choosing from the showcase. I am the kind of person who (almost) always go with chocolate dessert, but somehow I chose this fine piece of pastry today. I was so afraid that I had made a bad choice but the first bite was such a relief! The base was some kind of crunchy biscuit, and then it was sponge cake covered with cream cheese and the orange part was passion fruit cream. It was fresh, light, and delicious. Definitely recommended!

To sum it all up:
1) If you have extra money to spend, Garcon's French Brunch is a really good option.
2) You better take someone to enjoy the meal with you as (I assume) no one (unless a heavy eater or starving) could finish the set alone.

Thankyou Garcon for such a pleasant first experience, can't wait to come back!
PS: They've got really friendly staff! :)

Garcon
Plaza Senayan Level 4
Ph: 57900140
www.bistrogarcon.com

1 komentar:

  1. Hi Jpratita!
    Thank you for stopping by and mentioned my blog at one of your entry :) Lovely blog you have and keep hunting! I love your title <3

    BalasHapus